Monday, October 19, 2009

Inspired

I have found myself inspired from being around all this jewelry all the time, and by my two jewelry designing friends Marcy (of course from Marcy's Designs who many of you know is the jewelry line that I share and just LOVE) and April of Beadcentric in San Carlos with her gorgeous designs (thanks Marcy and April, and April..I hope you bought those very cool 'glow in the dark' beads!). The result of this is that my daughter Kasey and I have started to design and make some jewelry of our own. I set up a table for the two of us with all our supplies, she on one side and I on the other, and we have been enjoying ourselves!  I have always done a bit of beading, but only for myself or for friends, and my kids are suprisingly good at. (My son, when he was 10 or 11 spent some time jewelry making and I was quite impressed with his design skills. He has since moved on to designing web sites ;).
Well, the other day I found myself googling for the next bead and gem show in the area and, lo and behold, there was one just one week away.
So today, off we went to spend three hours exploring all the glittery, shiny baubles. And goodness, we had to take a few breather breaks so I wouldnt get over stimulated with rows and rows of beading vendors! Phew!
I thought you would like to see what we ended up with for our days haul:



Glass pendants with coordinating swarovski and czech cyrstals, I wish you could see the sparkle here!
I am thinking a ribbon added to this would be beautiful...What do you think?



Howli beads, and beads that look like those little chewing gum rocks. Do you remember those?



Turquoise, pearls and crystals. I just had to have those rainbow crystal beads. Can you imagine the possibilities? I can not wait to sit down and play.

If you see anything you would like or have any ideas for me, please comment below. More inspiration is always good!


Black onyx, garnet and cherry quartz crystal
I am really enjoying reds right now...
I dont know where this is taking me, but you just may find a few of these beads turned into jewelry on my boutique shelves or on my online catalog (or, I just may keep them for myself ;).
By the way, I have also felt the tug to make my own makeup....hmmmm.....

Style-Essentials.org
Contact me through the above link

4 comments:

  1. Have fun w/ your new beads! You are so lucky to just be able to google bead shows and find one near you..we only have one bead show that comes here a few times a year w/ 3 vendors. It's tiny! and mostly the same stuff everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I suppose I should consider myself lucky. Then again, you live in Hawaii! Lucky you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I specially liked the glass pendants - quite impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I am still in the 'dream' phase with those pendants...dreaming up what I am going to do with them. I hope to have something to share with them soon .
    Thanks for commenting...appreciated!

    ReplyDelete