Monday, November 9, 2009

Is it Organic?




I often get asked "Is your mineral makeup organic?" I find this a very interesting question, and the answer is something that I had not considered until I really thought it through. Let's look at that....

The answer to that question is actually... well...No.
The question does not really make sense when applied to true Mineral Makeup.

Here is a definition of 'organic' from a google search:

  • relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis; "hydrocarbons are organic compounds"
  • being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms; "organic life"; "organic growth".
  • of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones; "organic eggs"; "organic vegetables"; "organic chicken"
  • simple and healthful and close to nature; "an organic lifestyle"
  • a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

Of course, the term 'organic' can mean different things in different contexts. However, minerals, by their very nature are inorganic.

Typically, when asking the question "Is this organic" we are talking about 'organic' that comes from a practice of farming that does not use pesticides, but instead works with rotation of crops and healthy soil practices. That is not the case here. For minerals are not farmed. Therefore, they cannot be organically farmed. They are rocks...and there are no chemicals used in the growing of the rocks. (!)

Style Essential 
Scarves 
I dont often go anywhere without a scarf of some type somewhere on my person. Usually it is a large pretty pasmina type that I can throw over my shoulders or wrap around my neck if the weather turns colder than I am prepared for. It makes a great leg warmer in a theater too. A scarf, small or large, can be a fun and functional accessory to grab on your way out the door.
Share YOUR style tips...Go ahead, comment and share. I love to hear what you have to say!


Style-Essentials.org
Contact me through the above link

No comments:

Post a Comment